Junior Safety Officer (UK)
Job Title: Junior Safety Officer
Job Type: Permanent
Company: Founded in 1967, and operating in Ireland, United Kingdom, Poland, South Pacific and the Middle East, Roadbridge is a leader in Civil Engineering. Roadbridge has the experience, capability and a proven track record in delivering major projects across a range of sectors on time and on budget. Our core ethos is not just to meet client expectations, but to exceed them, making us the partner clients want to work with.
Job Summary: Work as part of a growing H&S team in the company to ensure that all site workers follow safety rules and regulations. The Junior safety officer is also responsible for adopting, implementing and assisting in the continual improvement of the Roadbridge IMS.
- Gain an understanding of the relevant project specifications and drawings
- Assist in Preparing, maintaining and updating as necessary the Site Construction Safety Plan
- Maintain all safety related documentation in accordance with relevant Legislation, Codes of Practice and the Roadbridge IMS
- Quality, Health and Safety & Environment Duties:
- Work in conjunction with Quality and Environmental staff in preparation of project documentation.
- Promote and develop initiatives for the improvement of the site safety systems
- Document and report any incident relating to safety or environment and report to senior safety officer for appropriate action
- People/Sub-Contractor Management Duties
- Monitor, track, record Subcontractor performance, ensure it meets Roadbridge IMS standards
- Assist in Communicating relevant safety information to subcontractors enabling them to effectively carry out their functions
- Formally report levels of safety performance to site management
- Applicably Qualified with ideally post graduate experience within the construction Industry. (Ideally, Civil Engineering industry)
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to liaise and negotiate with parties involved in the project are deemed essential.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com