Project Environmental Manager (Scotland)
Job Type: Permanent
Company: Founded in 1967, and operating in Ireland, United Kingdom, Poland, South Pacific and the Middle East, Roadbridge is a leader in Civil Engineering. Roadbridge has the experience, capability and a proven track record in delivering major projects across a range of sectors on time and on budget. Our core ethos is not just to meet client expectations, but to exceed them, making us the partner clients want to work with.
Job Summary: Applications are invited for the position of Experienced Project Environmental Manager, who will manage the environmental function and drive continuous improvements in environmental performance across all business aspects for our clients. This is a significant opportunity for an Environmental Manager who wishes to take the next step in his/her career progression. The role will be based in Scotland.
- Develop, maintain, and review the Environmental programme(s) to ensure compliance with current and future legal, regulatory, customer and corporate requirements.
- Manage regular strategic review of the Environmental function in the organisation and provide appropriate objectives and programmes to improve overall EHS performance and to defend against future liabilities.
- Participate in management review meetings to present environmental performance, discuss upcoming environmental actions to improve functional performance, and proactively identify and promptly address any Environment or Safety & Health issues which may affect operations or may provide strategic advantage to the business.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of an appropriate ‘best practice’ EHS culture and philosophy through cross-functional cooperation, communications, promotions and training.
- Establish and manage the implementation of environmental management programmes. Provide support and assistance when required to Health & Safety team and lead by example at all times.
- Responsible for development and enhancement of appropriate procedures, approvals, co- ordination and control of hazardous, regulated and solid wastes.
- Represent the company on environmental affairs with relevant external parties ensuring adequate response to all regulatory and legal issues.
- Manage all environmental regulatory reporting requirements. Responsible for emergency planning and take leadership role in environmental emergency situations.
- Environmental Degree/Diploma is essential for all applicants
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Health & Safety (or alternative) is a distinct advantage
- IEMA Membership or other professional body membership with practical site experience is advantageous, but not essential to this role.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com