Bid Writer / Manager (Birmingham)
Job Title: Bid Writer / Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Founded in 1967, and operating in Ireland, United Kingdom, Poland, South Pacific and the Middle East, Roadbridge is a leader in Civil Engineering. Roadbridge has the experience, capability and a proven track record in delivering major projects across a range of sectors on time and on budget. Our core ethos is not just to meet client expectations, but to exceed them, making us the partner clients want to work with.
We are looking for a Bid Writer / Manager to work with our work winning team on the procurement and tendering of various infrastructure and civil engineering projects based in our Birmingham Office. The individual will have experience in managing bids and writing responses to the quality questions. The individual will have experience of managing a team and will be able to plan work for others, set targets and manage the delivery of that work.
The role includes:
- Responsibility for the completion and submission of the Quality element of Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ’s) and Tenders. This work will involve being part of a team. This will involve writing responses, proof reading responses from others and pulling submissions together.
- Monitoring Online Trackers / OJEU notices and industry journals for new opportunities coming to the market.
- Attend meetings or networking events as required.
- Upon receipt of a new bid, review requirements and develop and manage a deliverable & responsibility matrix.
- Attend site visits as required.
- Inputting into tender submissions and the production of tender documents, making arrangements for site visits.
- Inputting into question and answers, printing and final compilation of bid documentation or electronic submission.
- Use and update the electronic bid library (EasyPQQ) with the latest case studies, capability statements, organisation charts, staff profiles, certificates, polices etc.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally
- Experience of working to tight deadlines with multidisciplinary teams
- Knowledge and experience of construction industry practices is essential.
- 5-years’ experience writing and managing expressions of interest, prequalification, and tenders; in an infrastructure and civil engineering discipline.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Good commercial skills
- Knowledge of ECC NEC Contracts.
- Preferable knowledge of JCT, ICC (ICE) Contracts
- Degree qualified, ideally with a professional qualification in civil engineering.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org