Civils/Construction Buyer (Limerick)
Job Type: Permanent
Due to continuing company expansion, we are looking to recruit two Civils/Construction Buyers to work out of our Head Office in Limerick to work on projects all across the UK.
The Civils/Construction buyer’s main responsibility will be to provide day-to-day purchasing support to the Procurement Manager and Department.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, confident and motivated with good communication skills. This is an excellent opportunity for a Civils/Construction Buyer to progress their career in a newly formed Procurement Department with a leading Civil Contractor and to develop their skills and knowledge, while being mentored by industry experts.
Training would be job specific and generally within the working day. However, depending on experience, some specific purchasing training maybe required, generally CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply) day courses, 2-3 days per annum.
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate to join a growing company and progress their career with a clear path for progression.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Placing material orders from written and verbal requisition requests with approved suppliers
- Negotiating prices with suppliers
- Sourcing materials and plant within the marketplace
- Obtaining quotes from existing approved suppliers
- Expediting orders and chasing outstanding deliveries
- Resolving invoice price and delivery queries with suppliers
Essential Experience and Skills
- Ideally 3+ years material buying experience within the construction sector.
- Ideally currently working for an existing similar main contractor. Individuals from a Builders merchant background would be considered.
- UK Market experience is essential.
- Basic technical knowledge & understanding of construction materials and small tool plant.
- Ability to work with operational teams and deliver their project procurement requirements.
- Basic understanding of the “buying process” from order to invoice.
- Self-motivated, able to work without constant management support.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal with confident telephone manner.
- Ability to interact with both suppliers and site teams with confidence and a collaborative approach to working with colleagues.
- Good organisation skills and can prioritise between various competing tasks.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org