Construction Quantity Surveying Technician (Hertfordshire, England)
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Roadbridge is a multi-disciplined civil engineering company with over 50 years’ experience delivering major projects on time and on budget to the global community. Our vision is to be the global infrastructure delivery partner of choice for fast-track projects across all sectors.
We are looking to appoint a Construction Quantity Surveying Technician. The role will be initially based in the Hertfordshire area. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who enjoys solving problems and working with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds to help deliver major infrastructure projects.
- The role will involve training in the following:
- Assisting Site QS with the budgeting of construction projects
- Control of costs during a construction project
- Selection and management of specialist contractors
- Assist in the collection, collation and storage of relevant data and its analysis
- Recording, control and reporting of income and expenditure on a construction project
- Assist in the implementation of the most appropriate solutions for construction projects
- Valuation of progress on construction projects
- Be able to work with others in a collaborative and non-confrontational way.
We are seeking an Enthusiastic, inclusive and committed individual who willing to learn more. To really succeed in the role, you will need to demonstrate that you have:
- The ability to work in a team, assisting with the planning, design and smooth running of a variety of projects
- Creativity and strong communication skills
- Vision, inclusive and the drive to keep on learning
- To be reliable, practical and self-motivated
- To work across different locations on a variety of projects, constantly developing your skills and experience.
- Apprentices will be required to have five GCSEs or equivalent, including Maths, English and a Science; or a Level 2 Apprenticeship.
- Full Clean driving license
To apply for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org