Construction Site Engineering Technician (Hertfordshire, England)
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Roadbridge is a multi-disciplined civil engineering company with over 50 years’ experience delivering major projects on time and on budget to the global community. Our vision is to be the global infrastructure delivery partner of choice for fast-track projects across all sectors.
We are looking to appoint a Construction Site Engineering Technician. The role will be initially based in the Hertfordshire area. If you are a self-motivated individual that can work independently when required and can demonstrate a positive approach to problem solving, then an apprenticeship with Roadbridge is for you. With our apprenticeship you will be earning a salary while learning and gaining a professional qualification. You will be given continued support as you develop your skills throughout the program.
- Desire to progress in the Civil Engineering industry,
- Good computer literacy, particularly experience working with MS Experience,
- Be able to work within own level of competence and know when to seek advice from others
- Setting out of Earthworks, Drainage & RC Works using surveying equipment to include GPS and Total Station
- Ability to read and understand Engineering design drawings including PDF, and Autocad 2d and 3D information.
- Working as part of a site team with section Engineer, Senior Engineer, Supervisors and Construction Manager
- Work within Rules and Regulations of Professional Competence and Conduct for the Institution of Civil Engineers
- Assist in the implementation of the most appropriate solutions for construction projects
- Identify own development needs and take action to meet those needs.
- Be able to work with others in a collaborative and non-confrontational way.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills is essential,
- Sound mathematical and technical skills.
- Apprentices will be required to have five GCSEs or equivalent, including Maths, English and a Science; or a Level 2 Apprenticeship.
- Full Clean driving license