Geotechnical Engineering Technician (Watford UK)
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Watford UK
Founded in 1967, and operating in Ireland, United Kingdom, and the South Pacific, Roadbridge is a leader in Civil Engineering. Roadbridge has the experience, capability and a proven track record in delivering major projects across a range of sectors on time and on budget. Our core ethos is not just to meet client expectations, but to exceed them, making us the partner clients want to work with.
Roadbridge currently seeking to fill a Geotechnical engineering Technician position. This position will involve travel and the applicants must be willing to work flexible hours.
The role includes:
- Identification and characterization of site won materials from the GI reports.
- Assist in the development and implementation of earthworks quality control plan as per project specification.
- Understand the requirements of relevant BS EN standards with regards to earthworks and Eurocode 7 part 2.
- Ability to log Trial Pits / boreholes in accordance with BS5930 (or ISO14688/14689) Geotechnical as well as geological understanding of the strata is necessary.
- Experience of interpreting geotechnical tests (ISO17892).
- Ability to differentiate various geomaterials onsite and advise project team with regards to suitability and use.
- Assist Project Engineers in drafting plans for optimum use of site won materials
- Prepare daily / weekly progress reports in accordance with the requirements of project quality plan
- Conducting various field tests on soils, concrete, aggregates in accordance with relevant BS EN Standards.
- Supervise and train junior staff in materials testing and borehole / trial pit logging.
- Prepare laboratory and site daily reports and other office tasks as required
- Provide excellent customer service and commitment to technical excellence and other related duties
Essential Experience / Skills
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant site and laboratory experience in a geotechnical engineering organisation carrying out ground investigations / geotechnical testing.
- Recognised Qualification in Geotechnical engineering will be a plus however verifiable experience of required skillset may be substituted.
- Valid driver’s license
- CSCS card
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Working knowledge of workplace health & safety practices
- Excellent organisational skills, interested in personal and technical advancement
- Ability to act independently and have good computer skills (Excel, Word)
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and good ability to handle pressure
- Excellent oral and written English
To apply for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com