Junior Quantity Surveyor (Dublin)
Job Type: Permanent
Company: Founded in 1967, and operating in Ireland, United Kingdom, Poland, South Pacific and the Middle East, Roadbridge is a leader in Civil Engineering. Roadbridge has the experience, capability and a proven track record in delivering major projects across a range of sectors on time and on budget. Our core ethos is not just to meet client expectations, but to exceed them, making us the partner clients want to work with.
Job Summary: We are looking to appoint a Junior Quantity Surveyor to be based in Dublin. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, confident and motivated with good communication skills and able to work independently as well as part of a team. The successful candidate must be willing to work away from home if required. It is vital that they are able to demonstrate attention to detail and be able to work to deadlines, whilst liaising with site management and client’s representatives as appropriate.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply and comply with statutory legislation and regulations,
- Provide estimating or receiving training in estimating in order to perform this function for the business, preparation of tenders as appropriate
- Update and maintain contract register highlighting payment conditions.
- Provide backup information and support to Head Office in clearing payments and accounts
- Ensuring all subcontractors are contractually tied in e.g. insurance details, retention, etc.
- Highlighting areas of concern / loss on any part of the contract. Working closely with Finance & Commercial in maximising profit on the contracts
- Oversee all contractual issues and Assist with or prepare monthly applications
- Oversee all commercial aspects of the contracts, support site staff in understanding the contract documents in order to satisfy the clients requirements and maximise revenue/variations.
- Degree Qualified with 2+ years post graduate experience within Civil Engineering industry.
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbal.
- Negotiation and analytical skills are critical.
- MS Office is essential, together with MS Project software is a distinct advantage.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com