Procurement and Logistics Manager (Glasgow)
Job Type: Permanent
Founded in 1967, and operating in Ireland, United Kingdom, Poland, South Pacific and the Middle East, Roadbridge is a leader in Civil Engineering. Roadbridge has the experience, capability and a proven track record in delivering major projects across a range of sectors on time and on budget. Our core ethos is not just to meet client expectations, but to exceed them, making us the partner clients want to work with.
We are looking to appoint a Procurement and Logistics Manager to be based in our Bellshill Office, reporting to our Group Head Office based in Limerick, Ireland. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, confident and motivated with good communication and mathematical skills and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
It is vital that the successful candidate can demonstrate a pragmatic and proactive approach to problem-solving, especially on civil engineering projects, whilst delivering their expertise for seeking maximum value for the company through time and cost agreements. The successful candidate needs to have a proven ability to liaise with suppliers and source new suppliers in new areas of the UK.
The role includes:
- Interfacing with Contracts Managers to plan and prioritize purchasing activities.
- Reviews planned orders, creates requisitions for purchased items, and manages approval process.
- Transmits and prioritizes approved purchase orders and supporting documents to supplier.
- Tracks order acknowledgement, prepares and communicates shortage and backlog reports, and provides visibility of potential interruptions.
- Tracks orders and confirms system lead times, delivery dates, and costs.
- Reviews, updates, and maintains purchase orders until they are closed.
- Ensures orders adhere to supplier agreements and contracts; reports non-conformances.
- Leads finance and logistics staff in resolving reception and invoice discrepancies.
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to achieve efficiencies.
- Contribute to consolidation, reduction, and rationalization of the local supplier base.
Essential Experience / Skills
- Excellent record keeping
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Proven track record of similar role in civil engineering projects in Scotland
- Knowledge of NEC supplier
- Qualification in fields of supply chain management, logistics, civil engineering or quantity surveying.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com