Project Environmental Advisor (Scotland)
Job Title: Project Environmental Advisor
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Across Scotland
We are looking for Environmental Advisors for Projects based across Scotland. The Projects range between Windfarms, Utilities projects, Marine projects and Cross-country Pipelines.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, confident and motivated with good communication skills and must be willing to work away from home as required.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Site-supervision skills and awareness of cross-discipline constraint management on a construction site (i.e. including ecology, archaeology, water management etc.)
- Previous experience of responsibility for appropriate procedures, approvals, co-ordination and control of hazardous, regulated and solid wastes. Manage all Environmental regulatory reporting requirements.
- Participation in management review meetings to present Environment, performance, discuss upcoming Environment, actions to improve functional performance, and proactively identify and promptly address Environment issues which may affect the project.
- Knowledge of UK & European environmental legislation relevant to construction sites (particularly those pertaining to nature conservation)
- Excellent report writing skills, proven client liaison skills, experience of teamwork skills and strong work ethic
- 2+ years’ experience in similar role of heavy civils/construction (Water, Telecoms, Renewable, Roads, etc)
- Experience of preparing suds plans and filling the Ecological Cleric of Works role would be advantageous
- Degree in Environmental Science / Marine Ecology or IEMA Approved Associate Certificate in Environmental Management
- Qualifications or expertise in Health and Safety would be a major asset
- Valid driving licence and CSCS card
To apply for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org