Project Manager (Sweden)
Job Type: Permanent
Founded in 1967, and operating in Ireland, United Kingdom, and the South Pacific, Roadbridge is a leader in Civil Engineering. Roadbridge has the experience, capability and a proven track record in delivering major projects across a range of sectors on time and on budget. Our core ethos is not just to meet client expectations, but to exceed them, making us the partner clients want to work with.
We are looking to appoint a Project Manager for a project in Sweden. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, confident and motivated with good communication and mathematical skills and able to work independently as well as part of a team. It is vital that they can demonstrate a pragmatic and proactive approach to problem-solving, whilst delivering their technical expertise and liaising with senior management and client representatives as appropriate.
Main duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Liaising with various staff and senior stakeholders such as Clients, Sub-contractors, Senior Engineer, Foreman and Quantity Surveyor
- To be responsible for the successful delivery of project through leadership, management, technical & engineering expertise throughout the project life cycle.
- Manage sub-contractors, engineering and operational staff and personnel on site
- Planning out weekly work programmes as well as producing weekly reports on the progress of the project
- Manage the site team ensuring that key milestones are met
- Manage the design of the project as well as working alongside the commercial team
- Carry out statutory workplace inspections
- Work closely with the Contracts Manager and report into the Contracts Manager to ensure the site programme meets the budget and commercial objectives
- Constantly reinforce the Health & Safety culture, striving for an accident free site
- Attend and chair weekly management meetings
- Manage complete day to day life-cycle of project from initial stages through to hand-over.
- Formal Civil Engineering qualification (Honours Degree Desirable) ideally Chartered EI or CIOB or currently working towards Chartership.
- 10+ years’ experience, ideally with self – delivery contracting, previous Windfarm experience is essential
- A strong track record of completing projects on time and on budget
- Experience of NEC Contract is desirable
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills.
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
- Have good spoken and written communication skills.
- The drive to be responsible for exceeding targets.
- Strong work ethic and desire for career progression
To apply for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com