Senior Engineer (England)
Job Type: Permanent
Founded in 1967, and operating in Ireland, United Kingdom, Poland, South Pacific and the Middle East, Roadbridge is a leader in Civil Engineering. Roadbridge has the experience, capability and a proven track record in delivering major projects across a range of sectors on time and on budget. Our core ethos is not just to meet client expectations, but to exceed them, making us the partner clients want to work with.
We are looking to appoint a Senior Engineer for a project in the south of England.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, confident and motivated with good communication and mathematical skills and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
It is vital that they are able to demonstrate a pragmatic and proactive approach to problem-solving, especially across construction sites, whilst delivering their technical expertise and liaising with senior management and client’s representatives as appropriate.
The successful candidate will be well versed in HSE management, quality control, subcontractor manager and production of project handover documentation. Role will ideally suit an ambitious professional who wishes to progress their career into project management and beyond in an expanding business and must be flexible to work away from home if required.
The role includes:
- Site Set up and documentation preparation
- Accurate record keeping of extra works and variations and ensuring appropriate communication of same to company management, commercial team and client.
- Compiling traffic management plans as required, coordination with utility companies
- Ensure compliance with drawings, specifications, building regulations and good construction practice
- Ensure compliance with the company’s quality procedures and ISO 9001
- Developing temporary works solutions in conjunction with temporary works designers
- Management of Junior Engineers and ability to work with construction managers
Essential Experience / Skills
- Civil Engineering & or RC works project experience
- NEC Contract experience would be advantageous
- Ability to Plan works with experience in Microsoft project or Primavera and Microsoft office suite
- Cad experience is required
- BIM experience would be advantageous
- GPS machine control experience would be advantageous
- Ability to manage a team of site Engineers
- Ability to analyse, question and follow specifications is desirable
- Ability to resource work activities in an efficient manner
- Ability to work to deadlines Strong work ethic and desire for career progression.
- Proven commercial awareness would be desirable
- Degree in Civil Engineering or relocated Discipline is required.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com