Senior Estimator (Wales)
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Company: Founded in 1967, and operating in Ireland, United Kingdom, Poland, South Pacific and the Middle East, Roadbridge is a leader in Civil Engineering. Roadbridge has the experience, capability and a proven track record in delivering major projects across a range of sectors on time and on budget. Our core ethos is not just to meet client expectations, but to exceed them, making us the partner clients want to work with.
Job Summary: The Quantity Surveyor / Estimator is required to work within a highly motivated team, delivering both Design & Build and Traditional bids covering a range of civil disciplines including highways, energy, waste water, water and waste management, industrial and commercial projects.
The Successful Candidate will be expected to work on their own initiative, but proactively with a team to produce detailed and competitive tender submissions. The Estimator must have prior experience pricing projects from £0.5m up to £100m, with a min. of 7 years’ experience.
- Responsible for the preparation of the tender with assistance from the pre-construction team.
- Upon receipt of tender documents, review and prepare a report, including tender deliverables.
- Undertake a site inspection and prepare a report. Compile an appropriate risk register and update accordingly.
- Prepare and send out Tender enquiries to supply chain and review quotations received.
- Prepare Tender sum analysis, priced document/Bill of Quantities. Cross check/take off quantities from drawings as required.
- Attend, both internal and external tender review meetings with the procurement team.
- Liaise with Design Consultants to obtain design information and review value engineering proposals/construction processes.
- Prepare post tender valuation of submission to the construction team.
- File tender documentation in accordance with the company procedure.
- Attend handover meeting to brief the construction team
- Review production analysis and update.
- Appropriate Academic and Construction Qualification, with detailed civil engineering knowledge.
- Good communication skills to communicate with all members of the preconstruction/procurement team, Clients, Consultants and Directors.
- Membership of a professional institution.
- Proven estimating experience in civil engineering.
- Previous Experience with NEC Form of Contracts would be preferable but not essential.
- Min. of 7 years’ experience in estimating.
- Preferable experience in Highways and Design and Build projects.
- Previous Experience with Evaluate estimating software would be preferable but not essential.
- Previous Experience with sage software would also be preferable but not essential.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office package.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org