Senior Quantity Surveyor (Cumbria, England)
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cumbria, England
Roadbridge is a multi-disciplined civil engineering company with over 50 years’ experience delivering major projects on time and on budget to the global community. Our vision is to be the global infrastructure delivery partner of choice for fast-track projects across all sectors.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Quantity Surveyor to be based in Cumbria, England. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, confident and motivated with good communication skills and able to work independently as well as part of a team. The successful candidate must be willing to work away from home if required.
It is vital that they are able to demonstrate attention to detail and be able to work to deadlines, whilst liaising with site management and client’s representatives as appropriate. As quantity surveyor you will report to both the project/contracts manager as well as the regional commercial manager.
The role includes:
- Carry out the estimating, cost control and tracking of the installation works on site.
- Experience in the preparation of compensation events
- Proven ability to negotiate with subcontractors and suppliers
- Track and manage contracts and associated budgets.
- Prepare variations, claims and generating reports.
- Preparing and agreeing final accounts.
Essential Experience / Skills
- 5 + year’s relevant experience with a main Civil Contractor.
- Experience of pricing and preparing Tenders, budgets and cost plans.
- Experience of Sage systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project/Primavera would be an advantage.
- Estimating experience would be preferable
- Experience in NEC is preferable, ideally in option C contracts
- Experience in general procurement duties
- Third level qualification in Construction/Engineering / Economics (or similar).
To apply for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org