Working Foreman/Ganger (Dumfries and Galloway and Lairg, Scotland)
Job Type: Permanent
Roadbridge is a multi-disciplined civil engineering company with over 50 years’ experience delivering major projects on time and on budget to the global community. Our vision is to be the global infrastructure delivery partner of choice for fast-track projects across all sectors.
We are looking for competent working foreman/gangers to coordinate operations and oversee a small team of workers and plant onsite in Scotland (Dumfries and Galloway and Lairg). As the point of reference of both workers and engineers, you will be a key person for the delivery of works onsite. The successful candidate should have a solid background in Civil Engineering groundworks experience.
You should have sufficient leadership skills and experience to have earned the ability to direct the work of others and make quick decisions. You must be well-organized and favour safety and production equally. You must also be able to communicate with other members of the team as well as client representatives.
- Coordinate tasks according to priorities and plans
- Monitor attendance of the assigned construction crew
- Allocate general and daily responsibilities to work crew
- Supervise and train workers and tradespeople
- Ensure workforce and resources are adequate
- Guarantee all safety precautions and quality standards are met
- Supervise the use of machinery and equipment
- Resolve problems when they arise
- Report on progress to supervisor, construction managers, engineers etc.
- Minimum of experience as working foreman/ganger on Civil Engineering Project,
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment and HSE guidelines
- Experience in pipelaying or ducting works is required
- Full Driving License
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate and report effectively
- Problem-solving abilities
- Current relevant qualifications (SSSTS or better.)
- Experience in utilising trench boxes.
- CPCS/NPORS Plant tickets (Excavator, Forward Tipping Dumper and Roller)
- CSCS Supervisor Card is desirable
To apply for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com