Ballycoolin to Cappagh Road Realignment Scheme
Roads / Bridges
Fingal County Council
Roadbridge was appointed as the Main Contractor for this project in June 2007 and Clinton Scannell Emerson & Associates acted as the Engineers.
Form of Contract
IEI 3rd Edition Form of Contract
July 2007 – September 2010
Co. Dublin, Ireland
- Re-alignment andfull reconstruction of 4km of single carriageway in 4 phases including construction of 5 no. new roundabouts with associated infrastructure & services
- The majority of works were built online requiring extensive traffic management in an urban environment with an AADT of 14,500 for the Ballycoolin Road and 9,500 AADT for the Cappagh Road
- Diversion of multiple existing services, including a 38inch concrete & a 24inch cast iron & a 24inch asbestos watermains, 450mm gas transmission main & blown fibre optic cables
- Construction of 2.4km of 1000mm diameter ductile iron watermain & 4.0km of 400mm diameter ductile iron watermain
- Extensive boundary treatments, fencing and safety barrier systems along both sides of the new road.