Beauly Denny Wirescape Rationalisation – 132kV Cable Civils
SP Power Systems Limited part of Scottish Power Group
Iberdrola Engineering & Construction UK Networks acted as the Principal Contractor on the project.
Form of Contract
NEC3 Option B (with amendments)
August 2017 – January 2019
- All Civil Works for the installation for a buried, twin trefoil circuit, ducting system to facilitate the installation of a 132kV underground power cable and associated fibre optic cables; also 2km of 33kV.
- 10km of the duct route was in public highways, with 5km in agricultural land.
- There was 9 no. Special Engineering difficulties: 100m long HDD under the A91, 125m long HDD under the River Forth, Crossing a contaminated landfill, Crossing of a live 150mmφ Gas pipeline, 100m long HDD under Network Rail’s live railway, 20m open cut through river crossing, Crossing 2 no. live 400mmφ INEOS pipelines, Crossing 2 no. live Scotia Gas pipelines, 100m long HDD under the Tor Burn
- In addition, 5 no. roundabouts were crossed utilising night time only working method to minimise traffic disruption
- A total of 697 no. service crossings were encountered; of which 69% were unchartered.