The civil Works for Berth 35 Redevelopment includes:
- Demolition of existing cope beam
- 133m combi pile wall consisting of 46no. 1420mm dia. 36m long steel tubular piles & 23m AZ28 sheet piles.
- Tie back system including 46no. 105mm tie-rods prestressed to 600kN. Landward restraint system includes 1200m3 concrete anchor block founded on 26 x no. 813mm dia. 40m long tubular piles and an 80m long anchor wall founded on 28 x no. 813mm x 16m long tubular piles.
- In-situ RC cope beam, crane rail, anchor block and 5,000m² apron slab.
- Provision and Installation of berthing ancillaries; precast quay wall panels, fenders, bollards, quay furniture.
- Drainage and Utilities including interceptor, watermain, comms, electrical, HMLs, ship to shore.
- Increased water depth at the quayside to allow future dredging to -13m CD.