Coonagh to Knockalisheen Distributor Road Scheme
Roads / Bridges
Limerick City & County Council
Form of Contract
Public Works Contract for Civil Engineering Works Designed by the Employer
March 2021 - Ongoing
- 2.2km of new urban dual carriageway road with 2 x 7.0m carriageways, footways, cycleways, verges and embankment construction works up to 9,0m high and in cuttings 1.5m deep.
- 0.6km of new urban single carriageway road.
- 2.0km of major improvements to an existing urban single carriageway road
- 1.0km of minor improvements to existing rural single carriageway roads.
- 2 road over railway bridges (concrete construction).
- 3 new roundabouts.
- 2 Traffic Signal Controlled Junctions.
- Diversion of live services including ESB, foul sewers, watermains, gasmains and telecoms.
- Construction of new foul sewer system to service Cratloe Road area.
- New surface water sewer systems.
- Site clearance and fencing.
- Masonry and reinforced concrete retaining walls.
- Culverts; Road pavements; Kerbing, footway/cycleway construction; Traffic signs and road markings; Road lighting.