This contract comprises the preparing of 47km of spread for a 610mmØ 85 bar gas pipe, the excavation, backfill and reinstatement of the 47km and other ancillary works. Also there were modifications to existing AGI’s along the route. 1.2mØ internal concrete jacking pipes, weighing 3.2t each are used for tunneling.
- 47km of spread for a 610mmØ 85 bar gas pipe
- 2 no. national road crossings, 49 no. regional road crossings
- 13 no. open cut stream crossings, 4 no. trenchless river crossings (by micro-tunneling)
- River Blackwater Crossing (140m in length) was done by micro-tunnel incorporating a vertical radius
- River Bride (30m), River Araglin (30m) and River Dungorney (30m) crossings were also done by micro-tunneling