Glencarbry Wind Farm Ltd
Roadbridge undertook the position of Main Contractor and PSCS for the construction of the Wind Farm for Civil and Electrical Construction plus the PSCS during the Wind Turbine Erection Phase.Malachy Walsh and Partners are the Designers for the project.
Form of Contract
FIDIC Design and Build 1999 (Yellow Book)
November 2015 – October 2016
Co. Tipperary, Ireland
- Construction of 12 no. WTG Bases for 7 no.Nordex N90 2.5MW and 5 no. N100 3.3MW wind turbines
- Construction of wind farm access tracks, upgrade of existing forestry tracks and drainage for the site
- Construction of internal (20kV) collector circuit linking turbines to new 20kV-38kV substation including a 3.5km long crosscountry section linking Glencarbry and Turaheen Wind Farms
- Construction of a new 20kV-38kV substation within the new wind farm (including HV-MV works, commissioning and handover to ESBN)
- Construction of 12km 38kV grid connection between new Substation and existing ESB Substation
- Connection into live 38kV-110kV Substation
- Working in Forestry Site, along public roads, private fields and agricultural lands.