Kype Muir Windfarm Connection – 132kV Cable Civil
Scottish Power Energy Networks Limited
Roadbridge was appointed as Contractor for this project in August 2017. Iberdrola Engineering & Construction UK Networks acted as the Principal Contractor on the project.
Form of Contract
NEC3 Option B (with amendments)
August 2017 – October 2018
Coalburn, South Lanarkshire, Scotland
- All Civil Works associated with installation of a buried, single trefoil circuit, ducting system to facilitate the installation of a 132kV underground power cable and associated fibre optic cables.
- 11km of duct route was in public highways, with 4km in agricultural land.
- Excavation and stabilisation through areas of peat.
- Managed relations with locals on a contentious route without complaint.
- A total of 244 no. service crossings were encountered; of which 54% were unchartered
- There was 10 no. Special Engineering difficulties:
Crossing under buried 132kV Transmission Cables, Crossing over Auldton Heights’ rail tunnel, Crossing over Lesmahagow Tunnel, Crossing Teiglum Burn; corrugated pipe culvert, 18m open cut through Birkwood Burn at Kypehall, 18m open cut through Cander Water Tributary, 18m open cut through Cairn Burn at Dykehead, 18m open cut through Hareshaw Burn, 302m long HDD crossing the River Nethan, 126m long HDD crossing the Kype Water