Limerick Main Drainage Contract 5.1 – Southern Interceptor Sewer
Limerick City Council
Roadbridge was appointed as Main Contractor for this project in October 1999.
Form of Contract
CECEA Form of Contract (IEI 2nd Edition)
October 1999 - May 2001
- The construction of Interceptor sewers and pumping stations as part of the Limerick Main Drainage Scheme.
- 11.5km of open trench installation of sewers ranging in size from 2100mm to 225mm Ø
- 425m of trenchless installation ranging in size from 900-1500mm Ø
- Installation of 3.5km, 1500mm Ø foul water through unstable ground in depths 7-12m
- Installation of a 900mm and 600mm Ø sewer, 600mm watermain crossing of the Ballinacurra River twice
- Installation of 4.5km of split level sewers ranging in size from 2100 to 900mm surface water and 600mm to 300mm foul sewer accompanied by a 600mm water main
- Construction of 125 sewer manholes up to 10m deep
- The works also involved diversion of major utilities and traffic management to accommodate works.