As part of the rehabilitation of the Tailings Management Facility for The Lisheen Mine this contract requires the placement of a layer of rock across the tailings totalling 660,000 m2.
- Haul rock with individual particles up to 500mm in diameter 2km from the onsite quarry to the TMF works zone
- Placement of geotextile material across the low bearing tailings material
- Placement of rock from onsite quarry over the geotextile material to a finished depth of 700mm
- Working within a live mine
- Working adjacent to a live tailings facility
- Carrying out construction work across the tailing material which due to its nature and presence of water has similar bearing properties to peat