This contract comprises the following:
- New grade separated junction comprising of slip roads, link road, roundabouts and a 3 span overbridge spanning the M6 motorway;
- Earthworks involving ground improvement, cutting and filling, earth retaining structure and import of 150,000m3 of general fill.
- Installation of lighting and communications, information boards and signage including two Group 4 cantilever gantries;
- Associated drainage and ducting works;
- Planting and landscaping works;
- All associated ancillary works. This M6 Motorway Service Area is located 9km to the east of Athlone town on the M6 between Junctions 7 & 8. Traffic Management was required on the live motorway (AADT 9,000), including lane closure and night time diversion works.
- New Grade Separated Junction spanning the M6 Motorway
- Earthworks involving import of 150,000m³ of general fill
- Installation of two Group 4 Cantilever Gantries
- Associated Drainage and Ducting works
- Live Traffic Management on M6 Motorway (9,000 AADT)