The N8 Cashel to Mitchelstown forms part of the South West Corridor linking Limerick and Cork to Dublin. This project involved the upgrade of this route to dual carriageway / motorway standard.
- 37km of dual carriageway together with associated interchanges and local roads
- 90m long bridge to span the Suir River
- Principal quantities comprised
- 3,640,000m³ excavation
- 640,000m³ rock excavation
- 920,830m² of road surfacing
- 12 no. Underpasses
- 24 no. Overbridges
- 9 no. Underbridges
- 3 no. River Bridges
- 1 no. Rail Bridge
- This ECI roads contract was completed 10 months
ahead of schedule.