This waste management facility accepts approximately 2.5 million tonnes per year, comprising; urban solid waste, construction and demolition waste, hazardous waste and sludges. In addition the facility produces granular materials used in road formation.
- Construction of a 6.3km access road
- Regrade holding areas for materials, 315,000m² bounded with high stoned retaining bund
- Remove & segregate tyres from original holding area to new holding area, 3,500 articulated dump truck loads (18m³ capacity) of tyres transported
- Formed storage area for Hazardous waste
- Formed additional holding area as follows: Tyres – 105,000m² available, Timber – 105,000m² available, Plastic – 105,000m² available, MSW – 575,000m³ of capacity, C&D waste – 125,000m³ of capacity