Tolka Quay Road Widening
Roads / Bridges
Dublin Port Company (DPC)
The project involved widening of the existing outbound carriageway of Tolka Quay Road to allow 2 lane traffic.Works undertaken by Roadbridge as part of the Roadbridge Keating Joint Venture.
Form of Contract
NEC3 Option B – Client Design
February 2017 – November 2017
- Working in live traffic environment and maintaining the main arterial road which conveys the majority of Dublin Port Traffic
- The Port’s Common Oil Pipelines and Salt Water pipes run adjacent to the Tolka Quay Road outbound carriageway and which are protected from traffic by a concrete barrier
- Remove sections of existing grass median
- Install new road edge kerbing and drainage
- Remove existing road surfacing and resurface
- Modify and extend existing road culvert
- Install new road markings
- Also included was detailed coordination with Port Maintenance and service, common oil Pipeline engineering managers to ensure port cargo and operations remained in service and uninterrupted throughout the works.